Are you a football fanatic who loves a good brainteaser?
Or do you have a passion for slightly dodgy puns?
If the answer to those questions is “yes”, then TOFFS’ newest competition, Soccbusters, will be right up your street!
Lovingly inspired by the legendary Karl Pilkington’s famously naff wordplay-based music quiz "Rockbusters", this mind-bending competition invites TOFFS fans to guess the name of a famous Premier League-era footballer, based only on their initials, and a cryptic clue that points to an eye-rolling pun. Here’s an example:
“These two parts of the leg belong to Eve’s partner.” (TA)
Answer: Tony Adams (as in, Toe-Knee Adam’s - see what we did there?)
Did that have you scratching your head - or simply groaning?
Don’t worry, there’s something in it for you: simply take your best guess at each Soccbusters brainteaser, and if you get it right, you’ll be in with a chance of winning a TOFFS voucher worth £10, which you can redeem on any product available from TOFFS!
To take part in this competition, all you need to do is:
- Follow the @TOFFSretro account on Twitter or on Facebook
- When we post a new Soccbusters brainteaser, take your best guess at the right answer!
- On Twitter - click the ♥ to like the tweet, then quote tweet the competition image and give your guess in a comment
- On Facebook - like our post when you see it appear in your feed, and then post your guess in the comments
- Use the hashtag #soccbusters
We’ll be posting a new Soccbusters brainteaser every week, and will pick a winning guess at random at the end of each week, meaning you’ll have plenty of chances to win.
So get ready to get into that dad joke mindset - thanks to Soccbusters, it’s time for your love of soul-destroying puns to finally pay off!
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to residents (18+) of the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man and Channel Islands, excluding employees and the immediate families of TOFFS or anyone else professionally connected with this prize draw.
- The prize winner must be aged 18 or over.
- Prize details: The winner will receive a voucher worth £10 from www.TOFFS.com
- If multiple correct entries are received, a winner will be selected at random.
- Each round of the competition closes at 23:59 seven days after the corresponding competition image was posted - entries submitted after this time will not be counted.
- TOFFS will contact the winner within five days of the closing date.
- The winner must respond to notification of winning within five days, otherwise the right to claim the prize will be lost; TOFFS reserves the right to re-award the prize in such an eventuality.
- TOFFS reserves the right to disqualify entrants who do not fulfil entry requirements.
- No part of the prize is exchangeable for cash.
- TOFFS reserves the right to change these rules or cancel the competition at any time.
- No entries from agents, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computers will be accepted. Any entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be rejected. Any entries containing offensive or inappropriate content will be removed.
- You agree to participate, at our request, in publicity and you agree that we own all Intellectual Property Rights in, and may use at our absolute discretion, such publicity/interviews. We may refer to your association with the competition and/or the prize in all publicity, marketing and materials.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- In order to be taken into consideration, nominees must have a Twitter, Instagram or Facebook account.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.