It’s August: the glitz and glamour of the World Cup is over, the transfer window is closed, and fans across the country are gearing up for the start of a football competition with a venerable history, and a spectacular prize awaiting at the end of it all. What are we referring to? The TOFFS Spot the Ball Competition, of course!
That’s right, we’ve decided to mark the start of the 2018-19 Premier League season with our own take on this classic contest, and it’s all taking place over on the official TOFFS Twitter!
Here’s the lowdown - in each of the next four weeks, we’ll be tweeting out an image of a football match with the ball itself removed, and all you need to do is have a guess where you think it should be. If you get it right, you might be in with a chance of winning a FREE retro football shirt of your choice from the TOFFS catalogue! How’s that for an open goal?
To take part in this competition, all you need to do is:
- - follow the @TOFFSretro Twitter account
- - retweet the competition image and reply with your grid coordinate guess, e.g. C4
- - alternatively, quote tweet the competition image and give your guess in a comment
- - use the hashtag #toffsspottheball
- - only the first entry per person will be accepted
We’ll pick a winning guess at random at the end of each of the four weeks, meaning you have four chances to get your hands on one of our lovely retro kits, which will really help you stand out from the crowd as you roar on your team over the next nine months of rollercoaster league action. There truly is no better way to get the 2018-19 season off with a bang!
Terms and conditions
- - The competition is open to residents (18+) of the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man and Channel Islands, excluding employees and the immediate families of TOFFS or anyone else professionally connected with this prize draw.
- - The prize winner must be aged 18 or over.
- - Prize details: The winner will receive a free retro football shirt from www.TOFFS.com
- - If multiple correct entries are received, a winner will be selected at random.
- - Each round of the competition closes at 23:59 seven days after the corresponding competition image was posted - entries submitted after this time will not be counted.
- - TOFFS will contact the winner within five days of the closing date.
- - The winner must respond to notification of winning within five days, otherwise the right to claim the prize will be lost; TOFFS reserves the right to re-award the prize in such an eventuality.
- - TOFFS reserves the right to disqualify entrants who do not fulfil entry requirements.
- - No part of the prize is exchangeable for cash.
- - Only the first entry per person will be accepted
- - TOFFS reserves the right to change these rules or cancel the competition at any time.
- - No entries from agents, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computers will be accepted. Any entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be rejected. Any entries containing offensive or inappropriate content will be removed.
- - You agree to participate, at our request, in publicity and you agree that we own all Intellectual Property Rights in, and may use at our absolute discretion, such publicity/interviews. We may refer to your association with the competition and/or the prize in all publicity, marketing and materials.
- - No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- - Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- - In order to be taken into consideration, nominees must have a Twitter account.